Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm back!

It's been a while since I've posted anything. I've been thinking about this blog lately and it always did me good to think about the day and give praise for those things in my life!

I'm going to start off with a scenario that occured between my daughter and me one evening. She was going through this thing where she didn't want me to leave the room and I would tell her that Jesus is with her all the time. She would reply in an upsetting tone "NO HE'S NOT WITH ME!" It was almost humorous. But I knelt by her bed, the lights were off, and I said "Baby, Jesus is always with you." She abruptly told me that he wasn't because she couldn't see him! And then she asked me how I knew he was there. Well I asked her if she could see me at that moment with it being pitch black in the room. And she quickly said no. I then asked her, "But do you know that mommy is here?" And she told me yes! So I began to tell her that just because we can't SEE Jesus, doesn't mean he's not there. Just like I was right there in the room with her although she couldn't see me! That was such a great lesson for her AND me. Just because we don't see Jesus, doesn't mean he doesn't see us or that he is not right there with us, especially in those moments we need him the most!

I'm so thankful for those special moments we can share with our kids!

I also want to praise God today for the peace I feel in my heart. It's been rough around here lately with things our family is dealing with from sickness to finances, but to know the inner peace that passes ALL understanding is something that can't be replaced or duplicated!!!

I praise God for a sister at church who has given my son bags and bags of clothes. This is fresh on my mind as I have been doing laundry...lol! She gave me the exact size Linc needs for the fall/winter months and he is set! He actually has a full closet! I praise the Lord for taking care of us! He always makes a way and provides for our needs! And while I'm on the clothes topic...I'm so glad I listened to Chad and saved all of Gracie's clothes....Brookie Bear is also set for the winter!!!

I also thank God for taking the time to deal with me. I am so far from perfect and frequently make mistakes, but I'm so glad he is gracious and merciful, but that he also helps us and shows us what we need to change and work on.

I praise the Lord that my life feels so full. Even though things get hard sometimes, I always have hope in Christ and I try to make the most of my time here on this earth!

I am blessed and for that I PRAISE the Lord!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for starting this up again. I always enjoy reading your posts.

On a side note, is Gracie back to being "Gracie"? No more "Elisabeth"? That was so cute how she wanted to change what she was called :)

Guynn Gang said...

For casual friends it's Gracie, but at school she wants to be called Elisabeth. Chad really wanted her to be called Elisabeth anyways. I kinda feel bad for her, but she likes her name! So I'm not pushing it...lol!

I'm glad you enjoy my posts! I actually enjoy doing it! Love you!

Mary Hightower said...

Very good blog. I would like to invite you to a bloggers retreat next month at our church. I don't blog but I'm going to have a Mary Kay booth set up and will be giving away a door prize. If you are intrested in going to it let me know. It's going to be a lot of fun, we got people from all over coming for it.

Tabitha said...

I loved this post. What a great example and lesson and something we all need reminding of! Love you girl! Love the background too! Miss you!