Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Monday has come and gone and now it is Tuesday evening! We have found another spot on Gracie and Lincoln and a first time spot on Brookie! Chad took Grace to the doc yesterday and got antibiotics for her. I'm taking the other two tomorrow. I totally give the Lord praise today because I have placed my kids in his hands and what better place could they be? He is almighty, worthy of praise, mighty to save AND heal! In that I can rest!

I praise God for the sweet teacher Gracie has this year. Mrs. Tillman...Gracie LOVES her! She is so caring and nurturing and just loves those babies like her own. Gracie is learning so much and every time she has free time, guess what she's doing? WRITING! She has a little notebook she takes around with her and she's always writing her name and letters in no specific order...lol!

We have had blessings come our way today and I'd like to praise the Lord for that also! I thank Him that he knows what we have need of and will never leave us wanting or stranded! We had a little extra fall on purpose today (re: Ruth)!

This evening as I reflect on my life I praise God for dealing with something I didn't realize was in my heart a few years ago. And it's not been a quick or easy removal, but it is continuous. Not always easy, sometimes painful, but extremely necessary! Praise you Lord for your dealership and for knowing how to get us to SEE ourselves. James 1:22-25 talks about looking in that mirror which is the word of God and seeing ourselves for who we are, but when we get away from his word it's like walking away from the mirror and we begin to forget what we looked like! May I stay in front of that mirror so that he can consistently deal with me and purge me so I can be more like Him!

I praise God for my wonderful husband, my sweet Elisabeth Grace, my handsome little man Lincoln Jude, and my precious baby girl Brooklyn Joy. I feel full tonight! I feel full of HIS grace, mercy, loving kindness, forgiveness, peace, and all the precious physical blessings he has given me!

4 comments:

Tabitha said...

I love your blog Missy. Through your praise, it helps uplift and encourage me! I do truly hope and pray the kids get over their illness quick! Love you so much!

Guynn Gang said...

Thanks Tab! I really do it to help myself and to focus on the positive things more than the negative, but if it blesses you and anyone else who reads it then I am DOUBLY blessed! I love you so much too!!!

Unknown said...

OK, your blog from Tuesday totally spoke to me and blessed me! Very often I pray for God to put a "spiritual mirror" in front of me so that I can see the "ugly" or what is not pleasing to Him. And I never realized that His word is our spiritual mirror! I try to stay in the word...but many times my flesh becomes LAZY and before I know it, 2-3 days have gone by and I have not even touched my Bible. And shame on me for putting my flesh first and not God. And we all know that when we put God first, He amazingly supplies all our needs...including energy and strength! So thank you Missy for blessing me today!

Guynn Gang said...

I was blown away when I first read that about the Word of God being a mirror. I decorated a bulletin board in the youth chapel one time with this theme and that's when it really hit me! We get our instruction our reproof and correction from God's word. If we shy away from it, we do forget what is expected of us or what we need to change or work on! I praise him for his Word! And I am so humbled that it spoke to you!