Not an extremely eventful day today. But I can always find something to praise the Lord about!
1. I praise him for payday! At least we have the means to make money to provide for our family. With so many in this economy out of a job, we are blessed! Even if we don't have much we are rich compared to some people in other countries!
2. I praise the Lord for a balanced life. I love him with all of my heart and I desire daily to please him. I love his Word. I find my strength there and at his feet. And at the same time I have hobbies and things I like to do and I feel like all of this makes me who I am!
3. I praise the Lord for laughter. It is SO like a medicine! Chad was tickling Brooklyn on the way to the game tonight and she was giggling hysterically. Then Linc and Grace were chasing bugs on the bleachers at the game and one was crawling near a fella, who didn't even know about it, and they just thought that was the funniest thing! I love to hear them laugh. When there is joy, happiness and laughter in our lives, things seem to go better and the pressure and cares of life don't bother us as much!
4. One of the things I am so thankful for is rest. We can't expect to keep going and going in our own physical strength. We have to have a time to stop and rest. And the same in the spirit. There have been times of spiritual rest from those things that weigh heavy on us. Praise the Lord for HIS rest!
5. My final thought of praise tonight would be praising the Lord for helping me and convicting me when there are things in my life displeasing to him. I can be about the house, cleaning or busy doing something and a thought is dropped in my mind that "this thing is not pleasing to me." WOW! That he would take the time to even let me know. I have had many moments when this has happened and today being one of them. Something small but something I need to deal with personally~ Thank you Lord for your correction. But not just your correction...the loving way you bring it to us!
Friday, September 18, 2009
Posted by Guynn Gang at 10:42 PM

0 comments:
Post a Comment