Saturday, September 19, 2009

I praise the Lord for his strength in not only spiritual situations and trials, but for daily events! This weekend has been an extremely busy one and I have made it through with his help!

I praise God for prayer! A time to commune with our Heavenly Father and to receive the answers that we need. But that we can take the opportunities to be examples to our children. Yesterday before a meal that Chad and Lincoln had together, Linc bowed his head and said his blessings without Chad even telling him to! A 2 year old, on his own, thanking Jesus for his food! How precious!

I praise God for the qualities I see in each of my children. Those things that make them unique. I look at little Brookie and I see her growing and developing into such a big girl! I praise God for her sweet little spirit, her happiness, and the fact that she's so easy going. Her middle name is Joy and that describes her to a tee! She is such a ray of sunshine. Lincoln, WOW, Lincoln! He is quite a hard head and focused. Focused on what he wants to do. He loves to color and draw already...he's very creative and has a big imagination! He is also very loving and a cuddle bug. He likes to have his space and play, but also wants kisses and hugs in between! Elisabeth Grace...now the tears are about to come down. She is a growny little miss who is a bundle of character. She is tender and sympathetic to other people and will defend you to the end! Last evening at the hospital, there was a lady with a terrible cough and she was hurting so bad that tears were welling up in her eyes. Gracie looks at her and then at me and says "Mommy, go love on that lady!" I wanted to cry right there. Her heart was sensitive and tender towards that lady that she didn't even know! I praise God and I seek his help and direction every day to lead and raise these babies to be like him and have the compassion of Christ!

I praise God for keeping my marriage. Chad and I have been married TEN years! God has kept us. He gets the glory for that! It's not always easy and we DO disagree on things sometimes, but he loves me and I love him. He loves our children and he helps me so much! Plus he goes to work and provides for us his family! And I'm so proud of him right now...he's taking online classes to get his degree in Graphic Design! I'm thankful that he is good to me and not abusive. He is protective and would hurt anybody that ever hurt me...lol!

Finally I praise God for speaking to me this morning through the message Pastor spoke on.

We say bad things a sinner may go through is God's judgment being brought upon them, but if the same thing happens to a Christian we say it's a trial. And then we aid self righteousness OR even discouragement to ourselves as Christians, because we say God must be judging us because bad things are happening. Sometimes things happen because they are either inevitable or we bring them upon ourselves. I pray that the Lord will help me to not sneer self righteously at those not right with him and yet not beat my own self up over my failures, short comings and trials in my own life!

Praise God for another fabulous weekend! Monday here I come!

0 comments: