Friday, April 10, 2009

What a day! My middle child and only son Lincoln had his second birthday party today! He is such a big boy and I just can't believe he's already 2! I want to praise the Lord for some of my blessings this evening!

I am so thankful for such a sweet time with family and friends today. My family and my in-laws and some special friends came out to support our little man and show their love to him today! There was such a peaceful, love filled feeling at that party and what a blessing!

I praise God for a healthy boy that has made it to his second birthday. He is a climber, gets into things he shouldn't, takes his good indoor toys outside, runs from Mommy & Daddy when he's in trouble, but loves like there is no tomorrow! He has the sweetest disposition and I praise God for that!

I praise God for my sweet Gracie. She is so caring even at such a young age. A couple of neighbor boys saw the big jump house we had for Linc's party and they were wanting to come over. My Gracie invites them over. We go through the process of saying "ask your parents," and they do and they can come. And one even said it was the best party! Gracie just has a big heart and loves people. I pray she keeps a compassionate, sensitive heart as she gets older!

My Brooklyn, she is growing ever so fast! I praise God for her. She is the Joy of my day because of her huge smile and sweetness. You know all of my babies are sweet and sometimes I feel like I'm not deserving of such a blessing of sweet children, but I just pray to God that He will help me be a Godly example to them and love them and live by example in front of them so when they are grown, they will do the same for others!

And I praise God for a sweet husband and daddy who gave 4 hard, hot hours to help make his baby boy's birthday a yummy one by cooking some good stuff! I love him so much and thank God for him everyday. He's not perfect, but neither am I!

I'm thankful for God dealing with me and helping me to become a better person, christian, child, sibling, and spouse! When you allow God to search you, it's not always easy, because he illuminates those things that you don't realize are there or you know are there but want to hide. Selfishness: I can't believe it had been in my heart. I was a christian, being used in God's Kingdom, but I had selfishness in my heart and didn't realize until my whole world seemed to fall apart. Hard times are difficult, but there is always a reason for those places. There is a time and purpose to everything!

I want to share a special story about my Gracie. The other night she asked me where Jesus was. So I told her in her heart and with God. She said I don't see Jesus. And I told her that's what we call faith. Even though you can't see the Lord he is there. Well, it was bedtime and pitch black in her room. So I said "It's just like Mommy. I'm here but can you see me?" She said, "No." So I proceeded to tell her that even though she couldn't see me, I'm still here. What an opportunity to share about faith in God!

I feel so blessed and encouraged today. It has truly been a wonderful day and a gift from God!

0 comments: