I can't seem to get on everyday as I originally planned, but I'm going to commit to getting on when I can...lol! When a day goes by I do reflect on it, just sometimes not on my blog!
I want to start by saying I praise God for the lessons I learn from my little ones EVERY day! They are so forgiving. Sometimes we as adults are quick to hold grudges and not get over things very well, but as I see my children play, they may get mad at one another, but quickly "get over" it!
I'm thankful for the joy and laughter of children! They can laugh about the smallest things (or so they are in my eyes). It doesn't take much for them to be happy. In a world of unhappy people, I pray that I can be more like a child in this aspect!
I also want to thank God for showing me the tenderness and sensitivity of my children. They are like young, tender plants. I must be careful as a parent not to crush them and put them down so it inhibits their growth. I'm still learning and I make mistakes, but I thank God for the Holy Spirit that probes my heart when I'm not being the parent I need to be, and many times that's on a daily basis!
As I hear my daughter pray at night and see my little man start to pray over the food, I am convicted of my own lack of prayer at times in my own heart! I praise God for my children's classes at church that teaches them to pray and seek God. I feel ashamed that in my own life I don't always seek my Father in prayer as I should. And I desire to be an example for my children!
Finally, today, I praise GOD for being my Heavenly Father. He is the ultimate example of what a parent should be. I will never be at the level of my Father, but I can seek his guidance and his help on how to be a better parent each day....his patience, kindness, long-suffering and unselfish love for me is what I desire for me as a parent!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Posted by Guynn Gang at 11:01 AM

0 comments:
Post a Comment