Sunday, January 10, 2010

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song will I praise him. Psalm 28:7

I look back over the past year and there have been many joys and there have been many heartaches. Some victories, some defeats. Successes, failures. Times of praise and times of repentance. But overall this year the Lord has stirred my worship.

Though many things may have been caused by my own ignorance and not seeking God's perfect will, He has been so merciful to forgive, to make straight the crooked path, to love, to save, to deliver, to heal, to meet every need! He has been my comforter, my salvation, my counselor, my everything! Even when I haven't been deserving he has proved his faithfulness to me! When I was at my lowest and my heart was overwhelmed he picked me up and encouraged my spirit! I am alive and I live because of Christ!

I have learned that through the good and bad, to praise him! When I speak with words of discouragement or doubt, when I complain about my situation my spirit is affected. But I have found that when my mouth speaks those words of praise to the Lord even in the hardest of times, when I praise him when it seems that praise is the farthest thing from my heart and mouth, my attitude changes! That is why I began this blog! I found that when I think and dwell on things that are praiseworthy my whole mood changes!

Philippians 4:8
Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I praise him for the things he has done this year! For healing my husband's heart and bringing prayer back to our home, for my precious children, for showing us that our dependence can't be on things or possessions but that our hope must be in him! I praise him for the love of family and friends. I praise him for the opportunity to reconnect with people I haven't seen in a while, and for putting new friends in my life. He has shown me this year to look at people through his eyes and not eyes of criticism or condemnation. To deal with the beam in my own eye before pulling the splinter out of someone else's. He has shown me that there are things I have placed before him that I must sacrifice this year if I plan on walking in his perfect will! I praise him for his dealership and I praise him for helping me get back on track and placing the desire in my heart to make this year a different year than any I've had before!


1 comments:

Stephanie Hartman said...

I Loved it! God is so good...