Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My heart is steadfast and I will sing praise!

My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises! Psalm 57:7

Steadfast ~ fixed in direction, firm in purpose, unwavering

My heart is fixed on the Lord, firm in fulfilling his will and unwavering despite where I must walk day to day. So I will sing, yes I will sing praises!!!

David knew about being steadfast. He had walked through the valley of the shadow of death. But he didn't fear it. Because the Lord our shepherd was with him! His rod and staff comforted & guided him!

I praise the Lord for his word!!! For those examples of men and women of faith who served the Lord, went through trials and hardships and came out on the other side! I praise him that though we've dealt with constant sickness this past week and a half, and we have some financial issues pressing that could literally depress us, we aren't! Our hope is in a living God! Our hope is steadfast because we trust in the Lord who is able to bring us out!

Chad and I had a conversation the other night and we talked about how hard it's been the past few years in a certain area of our lives, and we are dealing with something right now that could literally get us down and out. But GOD has given us a peace. A peace that passes ALL understanding. Sometimes it does seem overwhelming honestly, but what can it do to us? We are God's children! What can separate us from the love of God? Can tribulation, distress, famine, persecution, peril or sword? No nothing can separate us from the love of God! Praise him! Praise him that in the hardest of times we have a personal Savior (as a friend posted today) who cares about each of us and what we're going through and where we are! Praise him that he's not going to allow us to go through something that he's not going to give us strength to make it through! Praise him that he is mighty and he has a divine purpose and plan, and all things work together for good!!! My body may be weak tonight, but my spirit is alive and my spirit is full! I praise him for times like these!





0 comments: