I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1
Yes, sometimes this is easier said than done. When the bills are late being paid, the collectors are calling, the kids are sick, the vehicle won't start and you live in the boonies and you're out of laundry detergent....lol! But all of those things don't change who God IS! He is never changing. And David said "I've never seen the righteous forsaken or his seed begging bread!" That means he has seen two generations and neither has he ever seen forsaken by God, but He has taken care of his own! Praise God! I praise him today for taking care of me tomorrow! I know that what I have need of he will supply! So why should I worry? There may be things I have to change or things I will have to trust to him, but he will do the rest if I do my part!
I also praise him today for special moments with my children. Yesterday I went to Dream Gowns to get fitted for a dear friend's wedding. I went in with intentions of staying in town because I had to go to choir practice afterwards. So I took Gracie with me. I knew she'd like seeing mommy in a "princess" dress and I just wanted to spend time with her. She is the oldest and a lot of times gets the raw end of the deal with having 2 younger "needy" siblings...lol! So she helped me with my dress, then we went to the mall to eat a bite before choir and we finished up by going to Bath & BodyWorks and she bought her some lotion. Then we went to choir. We got there early for prayer and she was so quiet and reverent! She was such a good girl and I relished the time we had together. They grow so quickly! I thought about her when she was a baby. She had some difficulties at birth and gaining weight issues her first year. But I look at her now and she is a healthy girl, full of life, laughter and character! I praise God for her!
And I praise God for laughter! Those kids make me laugh when I am having a down day or if I'm stressed. Every day I laugh about something. It's nap time now and I told them they could bring the air mattress down from upstairs to lay on down in the living room. They laughed the whole time getting that thing out of their room and down the stairs. It just made me stop and smile, even chuckle myself! They are so carefree and void of worry! No wonder God told us to become as little children! I praise him for these times!!!
In EVERYthing give praise and thanks to God!!! He is the giver of life and because of that life we can experience special moments and those praiseworthy things each day!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Posted by Guynn Gang at 7:50 PM

0 comments:
Post a Comment