Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace. Psalm 29:11

A peace that goes beyond our understanding, that's hard to explain when others may wonder how you can have peace during a time like this?

THIS is what I am thankful for today! The peace of God! I praise Him today for giving me that peace. For laying a blanket of peace on my home, my mind, my husband's heart & mind! When there is peace in the soul and in a relationship and in a home, it is beyond understanding and description! I praise the Lord for that peace! He is an amazing God! And if we are his children and if we allow him we can ALL be recipients of that peace!

I believe having that peace allows you to enjoy the simple things in life. When you're not all bundled up in worry and distress you can enjoy your children, your family, your friends! I have been so touched lately by the little things my kids do to make make me think about and laugh about. The batman/batgirl dress up parties, the Moo Moo song sung by my 2 year old to the baby because she had on the cow costume, Gracie stopping to smell the flowers in Wal-Mart and then reality hitting me that it's important to stop and enjoy every precious moment! If my mind was so wrapped up in things going on in my life, possibly I would not have been able to stop and enjoy those times.

And even taking advantage of the opportunities God gives us everyday to listen to a stranger or share the love of Christ with them! I thank Him that he gives us that peace that helps our minds stay clear so we can be used by Him! He will keep us in perfect peace if our minds are stayed on Him!


0 comments: