Well, I've given in to the Facebook pull, but only with stipulations on myself...only once a day (at most) and only when the babies are asleep! I've made it 2 weeks without it and I think I will be fine with minimal usage, lol! It's just SO much easier to keep in contact with everyone! I hardly ever use email anymore.
Anyways, the past week has truly been an amazing week. From camp meeting to signing a new lease on a home (in town...praise the Lord)! Chad will be 5 minutes from work so when he has to work late it won't take an hour to get home, and I'll only be about 7-10 minutes away from work. Talking about saving $$$ on gas!!! We loved the place up in the hills and we're going to miss the HUGE yard. It was so peaceful and the stars....that's what I'm going to miss, the stars! They were so bright on clear nights! But I won't miss being late to choir or appointments because I could NEVER time myself right on leaving at the right time! But I am truly thankful for the opportunity to have enjoyed country living for a little while. If only the country were a little closer to town!
Camp meeting....it was so encouraging, heart provoking and life altering. It all started actually for me personally before camp meeting when Pastor preached on our hearts losing that conviction that we once had about things. You know Chad once told me a verse that he always lived by and it is 1 Corinthians 10:23 "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify." There's a lot of "things" that we do or have or desire or want, but they don't edify or profit us anything. And the Lord just dealt with me about things in my own life that were not profitable or that did not edify me. Then the next Sunday he preached about humility. Man! When you start looking at your life and how you view other people or how you view yourself, God will show you if you really want to see those areas of pride! Then to camp meeting....Bro Downs talking about crossing your personal Jordan to step into the perfect will of God & it's time to possess our inheritance as children of God, Pastor talking about obedience and reverencing the will of God again & then finding God's perfect will and STAYING there!, Sis Shoots speaking about TRUE worship, not that of hype or worldliness, but true worship from the heart to God in communion with Him! I love what Bro Downs said the last night, "When God gets your heart & your desires, He's got you!" We have to give Him everything about us, because He's everything we need!
I have to say I am so thankful for what God has been doing in my own life and in Chad's! He's making him that man of God again and it is so precious! I was stressing about some financial things Thursday morning, the last day of camp meeting, and I broke down and started to cry. Chad said "Aw you're just upset because God is making your husband a man of God again who is reclaiming leadership of this household. You're just upset that you're losing control!" I started laughing! NO, that's not really why I was upset...lol...but God is really making him the spiritual leader of our household again, and I love it!
And I'm getting excited about my new job. A little more sad about leaving my babies, but again, they will be with their daddy. Linc may get to go to Pre-K this year for speech! That would be great because my little buddy needs structure. He needs the 1, 2, 3's in his day, or he makes up his own 1, 2, 3's and he will certainly drive his Daddy crazy...lol! He's had some issues pronouncing half of his consonants...c, f, g, h, j, k, q, s, w, x, z, so before he gets too far I want to make sure he gets that help from the professionals that he needs. A friend told me that they have some amazing techniques now to help them with their speech. He will be screened on Aug. 12 so I am curious to see how all of that goes and what feedback we receive. Sometimes I feel so bad because I read to my children and we talk to them in big people voices, not the goo goo gaa gaa stuff, and I wondered if I did something wrong, but the nurse at the doctor's office assured me that it's not something we did or didn't do. So I was thankful for that!
The next few days will be extremely busy with lesson plans, setting up a classroom, packing to move (oh, I am SO dreading that part), my big girl starting kindergarten at a new school and I'll be starting a new chapter of my own life, but it is kind of exciting all at the same time. I'm looking forward to what God has planned for this family in the days ahead, and I will certainly keep you all updated on the "Guynn Gang Scoop!"
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Posted by Guynn Gang at 9:03 AM

0 comments:
Post a Comment