Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christ More

Chad and I were so blessed to be able to go out the other night...alone...for dinner. We hardly get that time anymore. But it was so nice! We talked and laughed and it felt like old times. Now we LOVE our babies, don't get me wrong. But when they are grown and gone, Lord willing, we will be alone again and we can't forget how to communicate...lol!

Anyways, we were sitting in the restaurant and talking about things; how we wished we would have done things differently, how we wished we could afford a bigger vehicle to haul around the kids, how we wished.... And I looked around me and told Chad that we have one vehicle paid off, that was given to us, another vehicle that will be paid off in the spring, we have money to cover our bills and enough to buy the kiddos some Christmas, we have peace in our home and Jesus in our hearts, what could be better than that? There are people out there with so much money that they are just sitting on, miserable thinking about losing it tomorrow or miserable because they have everything and still do not have that one thing that can make them happy!

Then this morning meditating on the Lord I thought about how those of us who have accepted Christ, what it was like that first time we met him and he came into our hearts. We were at a place of darkness, despair with no hope, confused, depressed, let down and lost. But when Jesus came he took all of that away and filled us with joy, peace, love, forgiveness, mercy, grace and a happiness that can not be explained! We were so full of Christ! Then as the days, weeks, months, even years past we forgot about that first time we met him. How he filled us with all of those good things and the joy we felt. And life became somewhat of a hum drum, daily routine, the one-two-threes.

I stopped to think about the word Christmas. Christ - mas. In Spanish do you know the word mas means more? And I put the two together....Christ more. I want Christ more than those things that I think will bring me happiness. I want Christ more than materialist things that can not fill the voids and longings in my heart, when it comes down to it, those things that will never bring me true joy and peace and happiness. I want Christ more so that my life will overflow and I can share Him with those who need Him! Everyday I want to experience the newness of that first day I met Him!

This Christmas, I can look at what I do not have and long for those things I wish I did, or I can look within and everyday, renew that spirit of joy, peace, and love through Christ and have a Merry Christ-more season....not just in December, but year round!

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

0 comments: