Today I'm making a list of things that I am thankful for. Those little things that I may sometimes forget about or take for granted. As I was driving along Beach Drive yesterday around 4:30, the sun was on it's way down and reflecting on the bay. It was beautiful. I felt the Lord showing me that so many things in our lives we take for granted or count them as small or meaningless. My mind immediately went back about 14 years ago when we took a trip with some of the youth of the church to NYC to help a Pastor's family. We took a ferry ride from Manhattan to Staten Island. Of course on our way there we passed Lady Liberty. All of the New Yorkers thought these down home southern folks had lost their minds. We were gazing, ooo-ing and ahhh-ing, singing "God Bless America" as we passed her. I asked one lady if they just thought that was the greatest thing getting to see her all the time and she proceeded to tell me "No, it's just another statue we see everyday." WOW! I was awed by that one thing that we see as symbolism of the freedom we have in this country, yet those who live with her everyday just see "another statue." May we always find appreciation and thanks and praise in those things, those little things that come across our paths each day!
So here we go! Here's my list of little things that I am thankful for and I praise God for today!
waking up this morning and hearing my precious baby hollering "ma ma! ma ma!"
my little man saying "I mi (miss) ooo mommy" after spending the day with NiNi & PaPa.
hearing my big girl say "Mommy you are so pretty."
Chad's big, cuddly hugs!
driving across the bridge and seeing the vast array of colors as the sun sets!
a special friend giving me a box of cookies and candy with a note that said "I hope this makes you smile today!"
the peace that I feel in my home that I know only comes from God.
having an extended family call me and check on me when we had a rough day a few weeks ago.
receiving bags of clothing for my Gracie and Lincoln....who have been clothed for seasons at a time!
hearing my husband pray and cry at prayer meeting and having him by me every service.
and having a husband who treats me lovingly with kindness and respect as a person....who makes me feel beautiful!
emails, wall posts, phone calls, prayers from special friends "just because!"
a hug, a slobbery kiss, a laugh, crawling up in my lap for a nap or hearing "lay down with me for a minute Mommy"....from my babies.
having the ocean waves and the gorgeous white sand beaches close by.
the prayers Gracie prays EVERY night for her Mommy, Daddy, brother, sister, grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, teachers, Pastor and Sis. Shoots!
my little brother who comes by for no reason sometimes, but just to see me.
a song sung that touches me exactly where I am at the moment.
a soft breeze, a flower, a rainbow, a bird, a cloud, something that God shows me to tell me "I know you by name, I know who are and I love you!"
For these things I praise God for today! I praise Him for my life, where I am, who I am, my family, who I'm married to, who my kids are, what church I attend, what city I live in, what state and country, for being a part of the family of God! He is amazing, wonderful, glorious, merciful, gracious, long-suffering, understanding, patient, loving and my Savior!!!
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Posted by Guynn Gang at 2:03 PM

0 comments:
Post a Comment