Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ. I Thessalonians 5:16-18
As many times as I've read this before, I never really grasped, I guess you could say, the second part to verse 18. Not only do we praise God and thank him because he is worthy of our praise and thanksgiving, but Paul said to do it because it is God's will! WOW! We as Christians are always seeking for God's will in everything we do and now we read that to give him thanks in everything is part of that will.
My mother-in-law pointed out to me that the key word to my blog title is "IN" everything give thanks. You know, it doesn't matter if we are on the mountain top and everything is clear, bright and going wonderfully or we're in the valley and it's dark, cold and the most trying place of our lives...we must give thanks IN those places. Because God is worthy of our praise AND it is his will! That makes it even sweeter!
I thank the Lord for revealing this as part of his plan and will! I thank him for his keeping power and presence over the past week. I praise him that we never walk places that he isn't there with us. No matter how dark or how lonely they may be. He has a plan for each of our lives and we must trust that He IS in control! What a wonderful God we serve!

0 comments:
Post a Comment