"How can I say thanks for the things you have done for me? Things so undeserved, yet you give to prove your love to me. The voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude for all that I am and ever hope to be, Lord I owe it all to thee! TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOR THE THINGS HE HAS DONE!"
After the choir sang this song Easter Sunday I have had it on my heart so often. How CAN I say thanks? I think about my kids sometimes. They are still young of course, but there are times I feel like I give and give to them and yet they don't appreciate it. Is that how I am to God sometimes? He has given to me, healed me and my family, saved us, given the ultimate gift....the gift of His son Jesus. Yet am I ungrateful? Or do I fail to praise him and "Thank Him" each time he gives or does for me? I try to teach my children to say "thank you" when someone does something for them, but how many times do I forget to say it to my Heavenly Father who gives me those things that are eternal!
I just want to stop and acknowledge that I know the Lord is worthy of my praise and thanks daily! How many times does he keep us from harm that we don't even know about? His protective hand, his guiding hand, the peace that he brings to our hearts that we don't even think about sometimes. In a world that is in such disarray, turmoil, and trouble, the children of God have something to be thankful about every day! We have protection, we have a refuge like Pastor spoke about Sunday am! I am SO thankful for that refuge, that hiding place we can run to! And today I am so thankful for all that the Lord has done and is doing for me!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Posted by Guynn Gang at 10:26 PM

0 comments:
Post a Comment