In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
What a wonderful assurance that in this world we live in today of economic crisis, governmental collapse, and unease in the world itself that we can lie down at night and sleep in peace because we have a God who makes us to dwell in safety!
I praise the Lord today for providing a "safe harbor" for his children. After church, Chad and I drove around for a little while before we went to eat. We were just talking about the Lord and the a.m. service. I drove down Harrison Avenue towards the marina. When we got to the sea wall, I just looked in amazement! The waves were probably 4-6 feet and the water was furiously splashing against the wall, water spewing on the van windows as I drove by. Then we circle and pass the enclosed marina where the boats were parked and stored. There was the same water that was splashing upon the sea wall, but this water was calm and still, no waves. Chad looked at the marina and looked at me and said "That's what they mean by safe harbor." It was accessible to the bay where the waters were so rough, but there was a wall of protection around the boats to keep them from getting damaged by the waves!
What a symbol of God's protection for his people. When the winds of life are blowing and the waves around us are raging, we have a refuge we can run to and a safe harbor we can rest in! I praise the Lord today for that safe harbor!
Monday, March 22, 2010
A Safe Harbour
Posted by Guynn Gang at 5:26 AM

0 comments:
Post a Comment