School started this past week. WOW! I can't believe how fast the summer went by! Linc began a new journey into Pre-K at Patronis with a super sweet teacher and para. And the cool thing is .... they have a stove in their classroom! Friday they got to make brownies and he was so excited! Linc bragged a little bit to his sister Gracie who has already claimed her future job as a chef on Food Network.
Speaking of Gracie, she moved up to 1st Grade. She has Mrs. Lyon, whom she said roared at the class a couple of times the first day of school...lol! Gracie is so excited and enjoys her class. She has made some new friends and has some of the same friends from Kindergarten.
Brookie, well little Brookie is going to work with Daddy. Poor Daddy! She missed Mommy so much the first week, she was a handful! So Brookie and Mommy had a date Saturday morning and that made her a happy girl!
Daddy has a busy schedule of going to work at 9:00, picking up Linc at 11:00, picking up Gracie at 2:00, then going back to work most days and leaving around 5:00. He has helped me so much this week! I can't say enough about him! He has cleaned house, washed EVERY load of laundry and has averaged around 2 a day! He has been such a blessing this first week of school!
As for me, it has been pretty busy. I have a great group of kids, and the day goes by pretty fast. It starts out getting up EARLY, getting ready, (Daddy gets up and helps me with the kiddos), taking Linc to Patronis, then Gracie to NBH and thankfully the middle school time has changed and we do not have to arrive until 7:45, because that's the time I arrive every day!
The days leading up to going back to work were so emotional. I had deep pains in my stomach and a broken heart. My heart is with my kids. I love them so much. I miss being able to go to the school when I want or helping out in their class. I have decided that when it's field trip days, I am saving time for them. I want to be there for them and I want them to know I WILL be there for them. But at least Daddy gets to be spend time with them....although it is taxing on him at work. : (
I was worried about balancing all of our activities and school and work, but we made it through the first week. We ended the night tonight with prayer and lots of hugs and lots of kisses. That I am so thankful for! Preparing for another week of craziness!!!
Sunday, August 28, 2011
School Day....Crazy Days!
Posted by Guynn Gang at 9:04 PM

0 comments:
Post a Comment